free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Quiet Day
Not much happening this last week, but I thought I'd post here anyway.
I'm due to have laser eye surgery this Friday. Very scary, but exciting, too! I've been told I'll have to be off the computer for at least a few days and possibly as long as a week-pure torture! Almost as bad is the fact that I can't wear makeup for two weeks!
Now, I know for some of you that's not a big deal, but I'm a makeup girl. I haven't left the house since 1979 without makeup. I even wear a little waterproof mascara at the beach. Some people have suggested this might be good for me, that at the end of it I'll feel much more relaxed about going without makeup. IMO, if this happens, it will be a major miracle. We shall see.
Meanwhile, I'm working like crazy, editing book reviews at Romance Divas, doing some crit work for my critique partners, writing e-mails, trying to preapre myself for the down time.
Have I talked much lately about Romance Divas? It's the most fabulous website and discussion forum for writers. We have a membership of almost 800, writers in all stages of their writing careers, from the newest beginner to multi-pubbed authors. We have great workshops and chats with authors from every genre, and it's a great place to network with other writers. Let's face it, writing is a solitary pursuit. And can anyone in our lives, no matter how caring and supportive, truly understand things like when our characters talk to us, when we get to write those magical words 'The End' on a story we've been working on for months-maybe even years, the utter frustration of writers block, the challenges and pain of having to mercilessly cut our manuscript because we're 3,000 words over word count? How many of our loved ones can we talk to about the pros and cons of using 1st person POV as opposed to 3rd person? If you have someone in your life you can talk to about your writing in depth, you're very lucky! If not, come to visit us at www.RomanceDivas.com
Learn, make friends, have fun!
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 4:58 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design