free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Saturday, November 25, 2006
The End of an Era


The day before Thanksgiving, I had to put my cat to sleep. T'pring was almost 19 years old-she's been through everything with me: two marriages and two divorces, the deaths of my brother, my best friend, my grandparents, my mother. She was there when, fourteen years ago, I had to take custody of my god-daughter. She was such good company for her during those difficult months-slept on her bed every night. She was there when I wrote my first book almost 20 years ago-just a kitten, playing in the sheets when I was sick in bed for a week and looking for a way to entertain myself. She was there when I got the news that I'd sold my first e-book. She was in my lap when I found out I'd sold to Bantam.
My life will be very different without her, I've realized. What a strange concept, after all these years together! I don't have children of my own, so my cats have been my babies. We lost our boy, Fuzzface, last year. None of us have been the same without him. But now I feel a little lonely and bereft-and I'm probably driving my dogs crazy smothering them with attention!
Reminding myself that this is a natural part of the cycle isn't helping much today. She hadn't been well this past year, and it was time to let her go. I know that. But I'm going to miss her.
Eden
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 10:17 AM -
8 Comments:
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    ((Hugs)) It sounds like she had a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry that you've lost her.

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, I'm sorry, Eden! I know first-hand how hard it can be to lose beloved pets. Keeping you in my thoughts...

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Two Voices Publishing said…

    I'm sorry, Eden! You gave her a wonderful, loving home and she'll be there waiting for you on the Other Side.

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    I missed this when I saw your cover post - I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom just put down her cat Rex - he was 20, almost 21. He's been in my life since I was 16!!! I loved that cat. Just thinking about him gone makes me weepy...

    Hugs to you.

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hugs on the loss of your dear cat!

    love

    WendyPortia

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cora Zane said…

    Aw, Eden, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Many hugs.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger Kate Willoughby said…

    Oh, I'm so sorry. Big hug to you, my friend.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn.

    So sorry for your loss, Eden.

    Rob Graham

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design