free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Thursday, January 18, 2007
Wicked reads and other meanderings...
I do love a good, wicked story. Maybe that's why I write them. Fellow author Kezia Hill showed me a link to this website where you can type in an author's name and it 'maps' other authors you might enjoy. I typed in Tanith Lee, one of my favorite dark authors-she's been an enormous influence on my own writing. She writes erotica, horror and fantasy & sci-fi, but no matter the genre, the strength of her voice shines through. If you haven't read her, you absolutely must! Her use of language is so gorgeous, I can get lost in the way she puts words together, reading a passage over and over simply because it's so beautiful. Even if you don't normally read these genres, I'd highly recommend her, just for the experience. If you're a romance fan, start with her 'Silver Metal Lover', one of my favroite books ever.
Anyway, back to my point...I typed in Tanith Lee and came up with the name Jane Yolen, then went to look her up on Amazon, and she writes dark fairy tales, which I love. Tanith Lee has done quite a few, herself. My poor credit card! Jane Yolen, of course, led me to other authors. Now I must get Briar Rose by Jane Yolen, Fitcher's Brides by Gregory Frost and The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter. I'm trying to stop there, but the day is young!
Oh, BTW, here's the website for the Literature Map:http://www.literature-map.com/
Speaking of dark, delicious reads, my kinky friends should take a look at Miranda Heart's new tale of the Marquis de Sade:
Title: Something Unexpected
Author: Miranda HeartPublisher: Freya's Bower 2006
Release Date: January 16, 2006Blurb: Beatrice doesn't understand her new found feelings for pain and pleasure until she meets the Marquis de Sade. As hard as she tries to deny her feelings, the Marquis and what he can do to her continues to excite Beatrice. Finally, she devises a scheme to get him alone. By the end of the night, she's sated but disappointed that she can't share her new tastes with her betrothed and must keep it a secret. Having had a taste of what she really needs, how can she endure a long, boring marriage?


Happy writing-and reading!
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 10:29 AM -
3 Comments:
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll love Angela Carter, Eden! Haven't read any of hers for years. I'll go a look her up.

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like the idea of that site - too cool! But my poor little credit card can't handle any more book purchases right now...

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Zinnia said…

    I've seen that link before. It didn't really work for me when I tried it.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design