free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Thursday, April 05, 2007
My poor neglected blog-my poor neglected wip
I know, I know-I'm way behind! I'm on a very tight deadline, and instead of writing I seem to be doing...well, all sorts of other stuff. This close to deadline I should be ignoring dishes, laundry, grocery shopping, yet I spent today doing all of those things, and even managed to buy a pair of shoes along the way. Okay, so that's not surprising to those who know me and are familiar with my shoe obsession-which admittedly has gotten totally out of hand recently. But I need to write! I have 25,000 words to go on my wip between now and May 1st. I'll be out of town for a week during that time, and the book needs to be not only written, but edited and polished, so I can start the next one, which I only have 8 weeks to complete.
Why do I do this to myself, you may ask? I have no idea. Please tell me I'm not the only one who is so thoroughly undisciplined! I have never turned a book in late, yet I always get down to this panicked crunch time, and somehow I manage to make it worse for myself. Maybe I have a self-destructive streak? Maybe it's just that we creative folks are intrinsicly irresponsible? Or maybe I'm looking for (hoping for!) some excuse.
Now it's late at night, I'm exhausted, and there is no way I'll get any writing done tonight.
Tomorrow is another day, though, right? Let's hope I make good use of it!
Eden
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 11:05 PM -
8 Comments:
  • At 3:06 AM, Blogger Keziah Hill said…

    Why do we do it indeed? I told myself I'd get a 25k novella written by 22 April. I have 7,700 written and did nothing today even thought it was cold and rainy and perfect for saying in to write. Head thunking on desk. I feel your pain Eden.

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Blogger Imp said…

    Some people can't write until crunch time.

     
  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger L.K. Campbell said…

    I can relate. I've guess it's because I've worked at a daily newspaper for so long, but I can't seem to get it done when I have more than 8 hours to do it. Anything longer than that is procrastination time.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    well, I did write today. 12 pages, which is fairly good, but I was hoping for at least 15-20 to make up for not writing yesterday-or all last weekend because I had family in town.
    Tomorrow I'm meeting Jax, R Pia, Nicole and Amanda at a coffee house to write. Wish me luck!

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Robin L. Rotham said…

    Eden, I'm having an anxiety attack just reading your post because I can totally relate. I'm a dreadful procrastinator and my creative juices just don't seem to kick in until it's almost too late.

    I'll say a little prayer for you, hon!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Arin Rhys said…

    Yeah, I've been there. 'Tis a scary scary place filled with distractions and woe. I wish you well.

    Write like the wind, darling!

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    I do this - I used to be really bad in college, waiting til the last minute for everything. I'm a world class procrastinator - I sometimes wonder if I operate better with the pressure....

    Good luck! Sounds like you're making progress. :)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Sela Carsen said…

    I do this all the time. All the freaking time. It drives me nuts, but it seems to work. I haven't been more than a day late yet. It's sick and twisted, but it works.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design