free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Tuesday, June 19, 2007
The Dark Garden-My First Booksigning!

One of my fellow LARA members, Robin B.

Jax and me!

My friends Gael and Andy dropped by-thanks guys!

Last Saturday I had my first real book signing for my debut novel, THE DARK GARDEN, at a Barnes & Noble in Calabasas! It was a little nerve-wracking, a lot exciting!
I knew my boyfriend and my pal Jax would be there with me the whole time, but my worst nightmare is sitting at a table with a pile of books, twiddling my thumbs and looking like an idiot because no one has any interest in talking to me or buying one of my books. I did have a brief five minutes like that-all alone while they wandered off to look at books or get coffee, and it was excruciating! But other than that, I think it went pretty well. A few friends visited (thanks guys!), but people who didn't even know me actually bought my book! And the manager invited me back to sign my second Bantam novel in November, so that's a good sign. I met some great people, sold a bunch of books, and got a real feel for what being a published author is like. I gotta say, liked it!
So meanwhile, here I am in my glamorous day-to-day life, in front of my computer in my pj's, hair in a ponytail, clicking away on my keyboard. I'm working on a novella for Bantam, currently titled The Art of Desire. This is my tattoo fetish novella I've been dying to write for over a year-even more since I got my second tattoo last September. It's really going well-the writing is just flowing. I love it when it happens like this-it's almost effortless! Let's hope the next novel, which I'll only have four months to write if I finish the novella on time, goes as smoothly.
My next booksigning will be at the Barnes & Noble on Ventura Blvd. in Encino on Sunday July 8th at 12:15, after my LARA (Los Angeles Romance Authors) meeting. Come by if you can!
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 8:46 AM -
14 Comments:
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    Looks awesome! I am so excited for you. :)

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    Congrats Eden! Looks like you had fun. Wish I could go to one of your signings...

    :)

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    You can, Karen-I'll be at the Literacy signing in Dallas at the RWA conference, and signing in the Bantam room that Saturday at 2:30. Come and see me!!!

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the signing!

    I have a friend who works in a Waldens in Louisiana. She loves the genre in which you write. She's been ordering more of the BDSM erotica for their inventory. I told her about yours and Robin Rotham's books. She's ordered them for herself and told me if she liked them, she'll order more stock and endcap them.

    Grace

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eden!
    It was great meeting you on Saturday, I really believe that things happen for a reason, so going to the Barnes and Noble was a great thing for me as I was able to buy your book and meet you. I am almost finished with it and loving every second of it! I hope to hear from you would love to talk about your tattoo fetish :)
    Fondly
    Tinker (the tattooed red head)

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Grace-that's awesome-thank you!
    Hi Tinker-was great to meet you, too! I think things do happen for a reason-this universe is far too complicated to be entirely random. :)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Isabelle Santiago said…

    Oh, Eden, that's so exciting! :D

    I wish I could have been there. Too bad I live clear across the country. *grr*

    Keep us posted with pics and such. It's great fun seeing you in pubbed author mode. :D

     
  • At 3:52 PM, Blogger Lucie Simone said…

    Congrats on the great turn out, Eden! And this tattoo novella sounds interesting. I also have two tattoos and have been wanting to get another one for a while now. I'll get around to it eventually - after I find the perfect design.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry I missed the signing in Calabasas. And I won't get to go to the one in Encino which is only a couple miles from my house -- I'll be in Dallas, sitting at the board table. But I can't wait until the literacy autographing.

    Julie

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! That sounds like fun! Congrats!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so awesome! I could never do that. I would be way to shy. Congratulations!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Jax Cassidy said…

    It was so much fun hanging out with Eden. I'm going to be signing as Cassidy Kent at RWA literacy too! So hopefully I'll get pics taken. LOL I'll bring the CD over to you Saturday... :)

    Congrats on the successful 1st signing!

     
  • At 4:49 PM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    Yay for book signings. You're a rock star!

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design