free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Friday, July 27, 2007
Upcoming Booksigning, Tattoos and my wandering mind...

This coming Saturday August 4th from 1-3 PM, I'll be signing at The Book Ladies in Corona, CA for their Jungle Book Boogie with authors J.M. Jeffries, Sylvia Day, Cassidy Kent, Jenifer Apodaca, April Reign, Verna Hargrove and, if we're lucky, the fabulous Jina Bacarr!
Here's the address:
The Book Ladies
511 North Main Street, Suite 103
Corona, CA
If you need directions you can call the bookstore: (951) 808-4587
Come and join us if you can! This is a really fun group of authors, and there'll be some great books!

Meanwhile, I'm just working away trying to meet this years' deadlines. I just finished a novella for Bantam about a tattoo fetish-a subject very near and dear to my heart. What is it about tattoos? I've been fascinated since I was a child. When I was about 10 or 11, my friends and I started listening to Alice Cooper, T-Rex, The New York Dolls...these guys all had long hair and several of them were tattooed. Because of my age, I think, it was then that I developed the idea of what was attractive in a man, and this was it. I still love this kind of bad boy to this day-long hair, tattoos-even better if he can play music. It was years before I learned that musicians don't necessarily make good relationship material-but they sure are fun! And sexy!
And tattoos are sooooo sexy! I love them on other people, love them on myself, and wouldn't have stopped at two if my boyfriend weren't so opposed. To comfort myself, I gave the heroine in my tattoo novella, Sophie, one of the tattoos I want.
Is it just me, or does getting tattooed feel gooood? I love the buzzing hum of the needle, that moment of exquisite anticipation before it touches my skin, then the endorphin release after a few minutes...And there's something sort of extreme, a little hard-core, about making the commitment to have this image on my body forever that I love.
I know not everyone feels this way about being tattooed, but I also know I'm not the only one who does. But when does it go from being fun and sexy to being an obsession, a fetish? Maybe that's something each of us can only know ourselves.


posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 9:04 PM -
11 Comments:
  • At 8:01 AM, Blogger Larissa Ione said…

    I love tattoos...but they HURT!!!! I have one--just an outline, because I was in too much pain to let the guy fill it in.

    Funny that you gave your heroine a tat you want -- I gave Haley in Riding The Storm the tat I wanted back when I was in the Air Force.

    I may buck up and get a new tat soon though...we'll see!

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have four tattoos. Love them, but they hurt like hell.

    Clearly I have a low pain tolerance. No endorphins for me. Heh.

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger Dayle A. Dermatis said…

    I find that getting my legs waxed hurt more than getting a tattoo. The difference is that the waxing pain is over more quickly!

    I'm really jonesing to finish my one tattoo...and then get another!

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Man isn't fond of tattoos either, so I've been holding off getting more. I think I may start working on convincing him in a couple years.

    There were only a few spots that hurt when I got mine, mind you there was a bit of, um, lets call it, self-medicating going on....

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    My husband is so against me getting a tattoo but I want one. So I think I'm gonna get one. Now I just have to figure out exactly what I want.

    Wish I could go to the booksigning! It sounds like fun. :)

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said…

    I was the biggest freaking pansy when I got a tattoo. But like 15 minutes in you start to get a buzz. I was done after 20 minutes though. LOL. So the first 15 were a bit traumatizing!

    I wish I could have come to see you guys do the signing!

     
  • At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jenna Allen said…

    I met Jina in Dallas. LOVED HER! Omigawd, she's fantastic.

    no tatoos for me. I love how they look, but I am skerred! When I am sure we are done having kids I want to get an anklet with their names in an interlocking scrolling script....that'll hurt for sure!

     
  • At 4:52 PM, Blogger Lucie Simone said…

    Eden,
    I don't know that I actually like getting a tattoo - it does hurt like a bitch. But there's something great in that pain. Like, if you can sit through a three hour tattoo, you can accomplish anything!

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger Lacy Danes said…

    I love that tattoo Eden!

    I am going to get one... I now know the spot. Just need to decide on what!

    Then of course I need someone to hold my hand...

    Lacy.

     
  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Lanie said…

    I love tattoos. I've got four (I got my first one on July 4th, when I was 17). And I want more--they're addicting!

    I fell asleep during my second one. I scared my friend and the poor tattoo artist. I think they both thought I had passed out. But after a while, it does start to feel better (at least that one did).

    I have one on my lower back that kind of goes to my sides, and boy, did that one hurt. I said some very bad words (Okay, I said the same word over and over again) for the entire time--lucky for all parties involved, it was only an outline, lol.

    Good luck at the signing. I hope it goes well!

     
  • At 6:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Eden,
    If I had the money, I could see tattoos becoming an obsession very easily. They are expensive though. I have two and I want another one reallll bad. (Trying to set things up for my birthday :) )
    Good luck at your booksigning.
    Wishing you Miles of Smiles :)

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design