free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Wednesday, October 31, 2007
San Francisco Signing at Good Vibrations!
I spent last weekend with a group of some of my favorite erotica authors in San Francisco to do a book signing and my first reading at Good Vibrations, the famous sex store for women. Here we are above: Lacy Danes, Pam Rosenthal (aka Molly Weatherfield), me and Lillian Feisty. The reading was a bit nerve-wracking-a cocktail right before definitely helped! But once I was up there it was fine.

Here I am with Lillian Feisty at the store. They had us set up in a back room, with cheese and fruit trays and wine, which was lovely and unexpected. We had a good group-they had to bring out extra chairs. Reading my smut out loud was an interesting experience, especially with my brothers there. I'm just relieved now that my old boss didn't make it-lol! Several of our friends from the area showed up, and a few people who came simply because they'd read and liked our books! No surprise for Pam-she's an amazing writer and has been doing this for a long time. But I had one fan of my own, which was awesome! And really strange because she was someone I'd known briefly through work a number of years ago and since I use a pen name, she had no idea that the author she liked was someone she knew! Very weird, but very cool. After, we signed our books, then a bunch of us went to dinner at a really wonderful Thai place, then a smaller group of friends and family had drinks-a good way to unwind after the event.
Lillian, Lacy and I stayed at our favorite SF hotel, an old Victorian B&B in the Haight. Great food and shopping right there, and the hotel serves tea at 4:00 every day. We spent the weekend shopping, eating, staying up way too late talking like a bunch of teenagers at a slumber party (which I suppose it was!), and getting tattooed. All of us. Feisty had a gorgeous pair of roses added to the mantle of flowers around her shoulders (you can see them peeking out from the neckline of her dress above), and Lacy had her very first tattoo, a beautiful sprig of blossoms in Japanese style at her waist. I got a single cherry blossom on my ankle.

They represent rebirth, and I've recently realized that becoming a writer is a sort of rebirth for me. After a lifetime of sort of floundering around, never knowing what I wanted to do with my life, I've finally figured it out-I'm a writer. It seems to be working out pretty well so far, and I finally have a real sense of living the life I want. Now I have a little reminder of that.
Meanwhile, I'm back home and writing. This book I'm working on is really going well. Let's hope my editor agrees once she sees it!
Okay-back to work! Happy Halloween, everyone!
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 11:50 AM -
8 Comments:
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dana Belfry said…

    I like the tat but mostly I lust over your boots!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Eva Gale said…

    Isn't that an incredible feeling to finally know what you want to be when you grow up?

    Julia Childs didn't take her first cooking class until she was 37-38. That always gave me hope that I could change my direction and be successful.

    You look amazing. AMAZING.

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    Purty tat!

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    So beautiful!

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You ladies looked fantastic.

    and I covet your boots also.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Red Garnier said…

    That looks like such a fine time, Eden! And you ladies DEFINITELY look fantastic. Wish I'd been there. ;) Hugs!!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Eva, Van Gogh didn't start painting until he was 37! (I think!)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    FABULOUS pics. I'm so glad you had a fan there and how cool that you'd known her.
    It really is a small world.
    Glad everything went well. Have a safe trip home.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design