free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving and other stuff!
Finally-I'm posting a pic from the speaker panel I was on last Sunday at the Burbank Barnes & Noble, hosted by Cheers for Writers. Above is Helen Kay Dimon, Vicki Lewis Thompson, myself and Leigh Court.
Fronnie Lewis, our moderator, did a great job with questions and prompts, and it made for an interesting discussion. We talked about blogging, mostly, but also about the romance industry and the difference between erotica, erotic romance and sensual romance.
This was the first time I've met Helen Kay and Vicki, and I have to say, they are both charming, smart and lovely in every way. Leigh is a RWA chapter-mate of mine, so I already know how wonderful she is. :) I took books home to read, and can't wait to get to them. I've only read Vicki's nerd books-this will be my first of her paranormal stories-should be fun!
After the event I did a little shopping (you can't stick a writer in a bookstore and expect us to go home empty-handed!).
What else is going on...? I'm obsessing a bit over making ATC's (artist trading cards). It's been good to have a creative outlet other than writing. If you'd like more info about ATC's, take a look here. I'm very into Asian art, so a lot of my pieces are going in that direction. Here are a few samples:



I'm also on deadline, as usual. *G* I've finished writing this book, FORBIDDEN FRUIT (should be out some time in 2008 from Bantam), and am now in the final editing/polishing stages, and I still love it. Usually by this point I'm just sick of seeing the manuscript, but I'm really enjoying this story. This is my food fetish book, and honestly, I didn't expect to like it so much. When my editor asked me to write about a fetish other than BDSM, I was stumped. The food fetish seemed the most likely option to me, even though it's not something I'm into, but it's been fun and easy to write, and it's made me tune into my senses a bit more.
Okay-must edit two chapters before I start my holiday preparations. I have family coming , so there's lots of cooking to do! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 11:14 AM -
6 Comments:
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Eva Gale said…

    *squeak* I LOVE your vest!

    And I love that you love the ATCs. I love them too-they're like therapy.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eden~ Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the discussion on Sunday. You are always such a great speaker! I feel very lucky to be in the same RWA chapter as you. And I also got a chance to read The Darker Side of Pleasure while I was away. I really enjoyed it!

    Happy Thanksgiving! :)
    ~Robin

     
  • At 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a good time! Glad to hear it. :)

    Your ATCs are so pretty.

    Happy Holidays, hon!

     
  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    Ooooo pretties!!! I can't wait to read "Forbidden Fruit".

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Red Garnier said…

    Eden, Happy Thanksgiving! And what lovely cards . . . I'm checking out the site you suggested. I'd love to do some too. Yours are divine!

    And I can't wait for Forbidden Fruit either. I hope 2008 we get to meet at RWA, I'd really love to.

    Hugs!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Eden,
    I like the ATCs, too, and I'm off to check out the link. I've finally got my hands on your first book and I'm looking forward to reading it. Sounds like your talk was fun.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design