free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Monday, November 05, 2007
Make Me Write!
I have to admit, I've totally been slacking. With a deadline three weeks away. No excuse, really. Sure, I was out of town doing promo, had the flu before that, but what's my excuse for the last week? I don't have one, and I've only written 20 pages.
I always panic when I get near the end of a book. I have to make everything come full circle, have to make it all gel. And more than anything, I'm desperately afraid the ending will be cheesy. Everyone says "I love you" and they ride happily off into the sunset. Okay-these are my books we're talking about, so not quite. So why am I always afraid it'll come out that way?
My friend Dana Belfry said she 'likes the cheese'. So even if I do write a cheesy ending, at least I'll be making my friend happy.
I have less than two chapters to go, then I have to edit and polish the entire book, and add a bit of word count somewhere, as I think I'll end up a little short. Not totally impossible, but wouldn't it have been nice if I'd left myself some breathing room? And I'm presenting a workshop this Sunday at my local RWA chapter, which I have to prepare for, and practice, since I haven't given this workshop in a year, so it's not as though I have nothing else to do. Why do I do this to myself? Am I the only one?
Okay-I am officially giving anyone who stops by my blog and reads this permission to verbally kick my butt! Demand to know how much I've accomplished each day, demand explanations when I'm slacking, call me names...anything! Please.
Gad, I'm pathetic.
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 6:36 PM -
9 Comments:
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Eva Gale said…

    Cheese is excellent. Especially the stinky gooey ones. Brie baked in phyllo with raspberry puree. OMG, oralgasm.

    Now go write cheese, dammit.

     
  • At 6:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    If you write cheese, Eden, it'll be AWESOME!!!!
    I love the new look for your blog.
    You can do it.
    *Gently kicks Eden's butt* Was it good for you?

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    I'm hankerin' for a hunk a cheese...

    Hey, i'm in the same boat. I finally kicked it into gear yesterday, but I need to finish by the weekend...and what am I doing this morning? Blog hopping.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    It was good for me, as a matter of fact, Jen. *G*
    So-I wrote 7 pages last night and did a bit of editing. Totally driven by guilt and panic, but hey, whatever works. That's my report so far!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Dayle A. Dermatis said…

    Somehow, I think a gentle kick in the butt isn't exactly what Eden needs! [wink]

    You can do it! Guilt and panic are great motivators!

    Oh, and I'm sorry I can't make the meeting on Sunday; I'll be en route to Oregon for a week. I was sooooo looking forward to your talk, too. Sigh.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Oh-I'm bummed I won't see you on Sunday, Dayle!
    So-I didn't write today. I did everything else. Dealt with hunting for a new credit card that'll give me air miles and 0% on a balance transfer. I think I found one.
    Then I spent some time helping the new VP at Passionate Ink with a project. Not writing, but I think being involved in my writing community is important.
    After that, I totally goofed off. I took a brief nap. I talked on the phone. I worked on one of my costumes for RT and burned the hell out of my finger with a hot glue gun.
    The only useful thing I did was to read over and edit my speech and handouts for a writing workshop I'm giving on Sunday. And I talked with my agent about a proposal for a story I want to submit, so while that was writing related, there are still no new pages, and no editing of what I wrote last night. Now I'm so tired I can barely think.
    Tomorrow is another day...

     
  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger Dana Belfry said…

    YAY! I have permission to kick butt! Woot!

    Why don't you hop into chat with me this evening and we can kick each other's butts? My NaNo could definitely use some help!

    and yes, I like cheese.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    I will definitely be in chat tonight!
    Today I'm going to stand in front of the mirror and practice my workshop so I don't sound like a complete idiot on Sunday. Just have to wake up first. It's only 9:40 and the brain isn't due to kick in for another 20 minutes...
    Dana, I'm thinking I may get you a nice wheel of brie for Christmas...*BCG* (big cheesy grin)

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wish I could be there for your workshop, Eden!

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design