free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Friday, November 30, 2007
Saying Goodbye to Tina

I know people always say this, but Tina really was the best dog. She was so sweet and loved everyone. She was the best of everything in a dog.
Tina was a bit odd. She couldn't have been one of my pets otherwise-lol! She was obsessed with bees. She'd stand by the flowering bushes in the back yard for hours trying to catch them, and got stung all the time, but she actually sort of seemed to like it. (Oh yeah-she was definitely my dog!). She also had a rather insane fondness for chocolate, and could tell the difference between the cheap stuff and the expensive imports. Lindt milk chocolate was her favorite, and she ate nearly half a bar in her final moments this morning.
I always said it could the day after Armageddon and this dog would eat! She was a pit bull, after all, and they're famous eaters. She also had that strong pit spirit that kept her with us for three years after the vet diagnosed her with cancer and gave her 6 months to a year. And it was a good three years up until a week or so ago.
Above is a pic of Tina when we lived in the Sonoma Wine Country. She was covered in mud and so happy! She spent her younger years running through the fields and vineyards that surrounded our house in the country. Life was quieter in her golden years, but we treated her like the princess she was.We're going to miss her terribly. She was very much loved!
Rest in Peace, our darling Tina
1993-2007
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 2:12 PM -
19 Comments:
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Rhonda Helms said…

    She was a beautiful dog. I'm sure she appreciated the care you took of her and all your love.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    Gorgeous. I am so sorry I never had the chance to meet her. I wish I was there so I could give you and the B man a great big hug.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Eva Gale said…

    Pit bulls are my favorite ever dog. And I know exactly what you mean when you say she was the best. They are fantastic dogs. And I love Tina's smile!

    I'm so sorry for you.

     
  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger L.K. Campbell said…

    She had a long life with a loving family. I know you'll miss her. My sympathies to you.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Gwen Hayes said…

    I am having even more of a freak out here because I didn't know that Tina looked so much like my dog, Libby.

    Like unbelievably a lot. I'll show you pictures sometime, when you are up for it.

    Love you Hon...you did the right thing.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry about your loss, sweetie. She was a very pretty dog--it's always hard to lose pets. :(

    Take care. *hugs*

     
  • At 3:05 PM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    *hugs* My thoughts with you and your boyfriend.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Sela Carsen said…

    ((((hugs))) I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. She seems like a wonderful, sweet dog. I have to say, I love that she finally got some good chocolate before she went!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Toni Sue said…

    *HUGS* She's beautiful. I'm so sorry for your loss, sweetheart.

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Eden those pictures are great!Tina was a totally awesome dog! Hugs for both you and B. I'm so sorry!

     
  • At 8:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I love looking at these pictures because when I met Tina she was sick. She was such a sweetheart, I just loved her. I'm very sad she's gone, but I know she's happy. And she had all her favorite foods the last few days...Okay, I'm crying now. And I'm on the phone with you.

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    I am so sorry for your loss. We lost our Charlie-dog to cancer back in August and it was one of the hardest days ever. now that it's been a few months, I can think of him and only think happy thoughts. You'll get there, too.

     
  • At 9:02 AM, Blogger Will Belegon said…

    My thoughts are with you in this time. She was as lucky to have you as you were to have her. *hugs*

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    Aww so cute. I'm sorry about your loss, it sounds like she was a great dog and a true member of your family. (((Hugs)))

     
  • At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry for your loss - I have a 13 year old Golden, and I just get so upset to even think about it. They so much become our babies, and they are happy when we are, and they love us when we are sad, make us laugh when we're tired, lick our toes when we feel alone. I feel your pain and have you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ((((HUGS))))
    Georgia

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Thank you so much, everyone, for your sweet messages. I'm doing better today. I know we made the right choice at the right time. We're even able to smile and laugh as we talk about her in between feeling sad.

     
  • At 6:13 AM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    What wonderful pictures. I'm thinking of you and wishing I could give you a big hug.
    And she got chocolate at the very last which is so cool.
    We love you, hon.

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kate Willoughby said…

    Oh, Eden, I'm so sad for you. I never met Tina, but after reading the blog eulogy, I feel like I have. Big hugs for you.

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Blogger Red Garnier said…

    Eden I'm so sorry for your loss, she was so beautiful and looks up at the pic with so much love. Lots of hugs, Eden.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design