free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Friday, December 07, 2007
In Revision Hell
I've been here before. But I don't have to like it.
Why do I hate revisions so much? It's excruciating. The mere idea of it is enough to make my stomach knot up. I've been sitting on these revisions for days, in a small state of panic, frozen. I know exactly what I have to do, which you'd think would be some sort of relief. Nope. I really must be as neurotic as I think I am. I finally started them today and I'll admit I do feel a bit better. A bit.*sigh*
Meanwhile, there are all sorts of lovely things to distract myself with. For instance, I'm going up to Lake Tahoe to see some actual snow this winter (since it's always summer here in LA-yeah, not so much lately) and to visit my friend Lillian Feisty for her birthday just before Christmas. A friend of hers is having an 80's themed birthday party and I've decided, after reading a comment made by our friend Will Belegon on Feisty's blog, that I must go as Adam Ant because, let's face it, who was hotter in the 80's than Adam? I always wanted to be an Ant girl. Instead, I'm going to be him! I'm very excited. So excited that I spent way too much money ordering a frock coat on the Internet this afternoon. Look, isn't it beautiful?I think if I wear the coat with my pirate boots (I already have a pair, of course) the right accessories, do the Prince Charming makeup and deal with my hair, it'll work. One of my favorite ways to not do revisions the last few days is to watch his videos on You Tube and search for pics on the Internet so I can study his costumes. And I still love the music! But really, look how pretty he is:What is it about a boy in lip gloss? Or is that just me? We'll just ignore the fact that this is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.
Okay-back to work! After you watch Stand and Deliver. It's my favorite.
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 9:30 PM -
6 Comments:
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    revision hell. That sounds familiar...

    I love a boy in eye-liner. I would totally go as Boy George!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Karen Erickson said…

    Aaaah I love Adam Ant so much. I was always partial to Prince Charming. Fond memories of watching way too much MTV.

    Revision hell sucks! I was just in it! And edit hell too! It all hit at once with two manuscripts. You'll make it thro, I have faith in you.

    And I'm jealous you're going to Feisty's bday party. Lucky!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Shelli Stevens said…

    That's a cute jacket!!! Or, er, frock! Yeah, ditto what Karen said. I'm jealous you're going to her party!

    Have fun with the revisions when you get to them :)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Blogger Night Diva Maria said…

    ahh showing my ignorance. I don't know those people. CMT anyone? LOL That's where I was in the 80s. :)

    I love the costume though! So cool. Include me in wishing to go to Feisty's B-day party.
    Good luck on the revisions! I can't bare re-reading my stuff sometimes LOL But you'll get there!

    Love the new site btw! It's beautiful!

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I don't have much to add since I don't really know who those people are, either. But, you know me, I comment anyway. :D

    Hope the hell--er, revisions go better.

    Silly question: Why would you want snow? I just don't get that one... *walks away, shaking head slightly*

    Good luck with everything, hon!

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Blogger Red Garnier said…

    Ok the boy gives me the hots! And revision hell . . . I too really, really hate revisions. For sure, it IS hell. But Eden I just finished Sanctuary and OMG. Please. Finish those revisions. We want much more Eden Bradley pronto. ;) You can do it, show that book who's boss baby!

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design