free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Wednesday, June 11, 2008
A 21st Century Courtesan is finished!
I've been working on this book since January, and had some major interruptions in between -my own month-long 102 fever, and then my father had open-heart surgery and required a lot of care. But the book is done! I sent it to my editor late last night, with sweating palms and pounding heart. It never gets any easier, and there is a lot at stake with this book. It's very different, and although I did get my editor's permission to write these different aspects into the story, I'm praying she's satisfied with the execution.
A 21st CENTURY COURTESAN is the story of Valentine Day, a modern day call girl who serves the wealthy elite of the world. There is a secret to her success, one which keeps her bound to this business long after the allure of the money has faded. But when she meets Joshua Spencer, her world comes crashing down around her, and she can no longer continue the life she's led for nearly ten years.
This is a deeply psychological book, exploring why Valentine has become who she is, and what she must do in order to truly leave that life behind and create a new one. The story is gritty, emotional, intense, and it was an emotional roller coaster for me while writing it. I feel that it's some of my best work to date-now I'm waiting with fingers crossed to see if my editor feels the same way!
As writers, we aren't always still in love with a book by the time we're done with it. Sometimes we even hate it-lol! But I love this book-if my editor doesn't, I admit I'll be a bit crushed. Wish me luck!
Meanwhile-how many of you love your books while you're working on them? One of my writer friends always falls in love with her ideas, but then sort of hates the book while she's writing it, every time! Torture! I always love mine (except for one!), and begin to hate it around the time I have to proof galleys, which means reading through it for the bazillionth time.
Today I'm taking a break before launching into my next project-my first male/male erotic story, a short novella I'm hoping to sell. I'm giving myself three weeks to complete it, and then I start my next novel for Bantam, a book about Shibari, the art of Japanese rope bondage. More about that later!

Labels: , , ,

posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 9:44 AM -
4 Comments:
  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger Jennifer A. Ray said…

    It sounds both fascinating and sexy!

    I would buy it. *big smile*

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Thanks for dropping by, Jennifer! I'm very excited about this book! I'm not sure how the romance community will respond. It's definitely a romance, but it's very different in tone..I hope everyone loves this book as much as I do!

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Tawny Taylor said…

    Ooooh! Sounds wonderful! It's a little scary, waiting to see how readers respond to a book that pushes through those kinds of boundaries. I did the same thing with Savage Garden. Hoping it's a huge success with readers!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    This is simply one of the most amazing stories I have ever had the honor to beta read for.
    Its one of those where you just know when you are reading it that it has that IT factor, that special, unique something. And that the author is talented beyond belief of course. ;)

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design