free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Monday, June 16, 2008
A 21st Century Courtesan Revealed!

I just finished writing this book, and I think it's my best work yet. I spoke with my editor today, and she thinks so, too, which is a huge compliment coming from her, so I'm thrilled! I also got a release date: April 2009, and my first look at the cover! The Bantam art department rocks! I don't even have official cover copy on it yet-I'll post a blurb as soon as I have it! But I can tell you this: A 21ST CENTURY COURTESAN is the story of Valentine Day, who's worked as a high class call girl for nearly ten years when she meets a man who turns her world upside down. This story is written in first person, and it's a very different kind of book. I can't wait to see if readers will be as in love with this story as my editor and I are!
Valentine is very dark and troubled. I love complicated characters! Only once have I ever written a character that was all sweetness and light (April in THE DARK GARDEN) and she was the secondary heroine. If you're a writer, what are your favorite kind of characters to write? If you're a reader, what sort of characters do you like to read? And is it different depending on whether it's the hero or heroine?
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 8:35 PM -
15 Comments:
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Dawn Halliday said…

    As both a reader and a writer, I adore dark, complicated characters. Though I do enjoy lighter, funny secondary characters. :)

    What a beautiful cover! I can't wait to read it.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Shelley Munro said…

    Lisa, your cover is beautiful. I love reading dark and complicated characters, although in my own writing, quirky springs out rather than dark. :)

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Dana Belfry said…

    Your covers really are amazing! I'm so happy for you Eden!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the new cover Eden! I'm so happy for you!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The cover is gorgeous! Can't wait to read the book. I love to read dark, complicated characters but I tend to write lighter characters...

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said…

    That is a gorgeous cover, Eden.

    And I love the sound of Valentine Day. The sort of character that a reader can really sink their teeth into.

    Myself, my characters tend to fall into two categories.

    There are those who are fully aware of themselves and work very hard to keep the darker side at bay. My vampires are the best example of this.

    Or they are people who aren't aware of themselves or repress facets of themselves. They discover and embrace these facets during my work.

    Congratulations, Eden.

     
  • At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh! That's absolutely lovely.

     
  • At 6:19 AM, Blogger Bethanne said…

    oh, that's beautiful!
    what a story line. and you like your story! I'm so happy to hear that.

    I love a dark, tortured hero. I'm less likely to like a dark, tortured heroine. Why is that??? I'm not sure. I do have a heroine who's...what's a lighter word? Agonized? *shrug*

    I've always written on the lighter side, but I think that's only because I'm a wuss. I'm trying to change that.

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger Tawny Taylor said…

    Beautiful cover, Eden! And the story sounds fabulous. As far as characters go, I like all kinds. It depends upon my mood, what I want to read at any given time.

     
  • At 7:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was lucky enough to read this book and it's just as amazing as that cover!!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger The Girl You Used to Know said…

    the cover is beautiful!!!!!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Dawn-I like to read funny characters-and in fact I read a lot of chick lit and romantic comedy. Jennifer Colgan writes a great combination of dark and light characters-fun!
    Rob-I love the way you break down your dark characters-that level of self awareness really changes who they are and how they behave. Sounds like you write very complex characters, which I love!
    Bethanne-agonized is good! *G*
    Aw-thank ya, Feisty. :)

     
  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger R.G. ALEXANDER said…

    Without a doubt, this story is amazing! And the cover is perfection. I could keep gushin but you know how I feel ;)

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    That cover is GORGEOUS. I think it's my favorite one of yours yet!

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yey! Sounds like an interesting story.

    Love the cover

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design