free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Saturday, July 05, 2008
My First Shoe Day Blog!
Do you ever get that tingly feeling in your stomach just looking at a really fabulous pair of shoes? Do a pair of shiny stiletto heels make you want to touch them, wear them, own them? Do a pair of great wedge espadrilles make a small, warm shiver run up your spine?
I was in Vegas once a few years ago and discovered the Jimmy Choo store in the Venetian Hotel. I walked in and it was...magic. Every pair was more beautiful than the last. And then I saw them, that one pair of shoes that will stay with me forever, the pair that nearly made me, prissy girl that I am, drool in a public place. They were a deep, burnished orangy-gold silk with the most delicate 4 inch stiletto heels, a sweet, pointy little toe and a narrow strap, at the end of which was a small tassle made of tiny golden chains. Even now, I get all trembly simply thinking about them. I stared and stared. I dared to reach out and stroke them with one gentle fingertip. I left needing a cigarette. And I don't smoke.
If you have any idea of what I'm talking about, then Shoe Day is for you!
Those of you who know me know I love shoes. Actually, you could say I'm obsessed. So, I thought I'd start a monthly Shoe Day on my blog, for those of you who enjoy shoes as much as I do. Okay, you don't have to enjoy them
quite as much...
Let's start out with some of my own favorite pairs...

My new gladiator sandals are so in, but I'd love them even if they weren't. There's something almost bondage-y about all those straps. And they're comfortable-bonus!
Another pair of wedges, my new candy-print espadrilles. These shoes just say summer to me! They look great with a pair of rolled-up jeans. I have a particular love for strange shoes, as you can see.


These are all of my red shoes. I can't remember what inspired this particular pic, but I just like looking at it. Can't have too many red shoes! Hmm...maybe I need to go shopping...For you more casual girls, my newest flip-flops, in bronze and cream. They're so neutral, they go with everything. And flip-flops barely even count as shoes, so you can have dozens of them! I'm managing with 7 or 8 pair.


I love these white pumps! They're sort of Barbara Bush, but in a twisted way. Love the hardware. I think they're so hot! Killer shoes, but I am totally willing to sacrifice comfort for shoes of this caliber. They're even hotter in person.
These are my newest stilettos, and they are truly the sexiest shoes ever! So much better in person. They are so sleek and shining, the straps crossing over the toes at exactly the right spot. I was with my friend last week, Lillian Feisty, who recently broke her leg. She saw these shoes and went so nuts over them, she had to try them on, cast and all. These are the kind of shoes you simply MUST put on your feet. And they're mine. *sigh*
I think that's all I can take for one evening. I think I'll go upstairs and stare into my closet as I drift off to sleep...
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 10:44 PM -
12 Comments:
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, we know what category I'm in. *snort* But I'll leave out the making-fun-of part, just for you.

    The last pair was kinda cute. Of course, I still think you're a little nuts. :D Oops. So much for the making-fun-of-you portion off the agenda!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the white heels. *drool* I used to be a shoe fanatic, but a budget and kids effectively curbed it. Instead I spend time ogling people's shoes. I am the wierd person breathing on the glass outside a shoe store....

     
  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger Chloe Devlin said…

    I've seen this woman shop for shoes. I was even with her when she bought the candy espadrilles. She's not kidding when she says she practically starts to drool over shoes.

    Chloe

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger Eliza Gayle said…

    OMG I love shoes! My particular fetish being sandals. Your gladiator sandals are to die for!!!!

    Now I think I need to go shoe shopping. sighs...

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I was never a shoe hound. BUT, last year I saw a pair on a commercial I just had to have. Well, lemme tell you, I have great taste. Louboutin has spoiled me for any other shoemaker. I cannot afford him, but I want none other. His Alicette are the ones I love. I have been on the phone with Haven and looking through a magazine and play kind of a game. I'll look through and find a pair that I like; 9:10 times, there Christian's. Alas, I have to look from afar.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Crystal Jordan said…

    Uh, yeah...the only shoes there I'd even consider wearing are the flip-flops. I can't stand heels. Ew.

    You and Feisty and M are such shoes whores I feel dirty just standing in the same shoe store while you shop. Don't forget to ask M about how SHE discovered the shoes stores at the Venetian.

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Mima said…

    zappos is fun (really fun), but to get in and touch and smell and stuff my size 7's into the display size 5's is where the action really is. those gray patent buckled puppies are simply terrific.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Diana Castilleja said…

    Me... I don't know... I think given the opportunity NEED shoes, I'd go nuts because I love stilletos. I remember a while back when for the longest time, I couldn't find a single shoe.

    The wedge had taken over. Everywhere. And I don't like blocks for heels. *sigh*

    Now I don't have a need for many. I just don't go anywhere, and it's awkward grocery shopping in heels. I even have some that I bought last year for conference that I have yet to year. How sad is that? Pathetic.
    And they were so comfortable when I did buy them.

    I love the white ones. They are classy. I can't wear anything with a strap over the top of the foot. They aren't made with my foot in mind. :( I wear flips almost everywhere or my slide on heel sandals. I'm shoe-deprived. *sigh*

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such gorgeous shoes, Lisa! They are all beautiful! :)

    Cia

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Those grey shoes make me warm and tingly. All over. And it's pretty much torture to know those gladiator sandals are here at my house, waiting your return, and I can't wear them because of my darn broken leg.

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger P. Robinson said…

    Okay those first shoes are my favorites. I have to know- do you organize your shoes by color or height? ha ha

    Great blog and I love looking at shoes!

    Kissa

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Lanie-I appreciate that you tried to hold off...*G*
    OMG, Leigh-I LOVE Louboutins! Maybe some day I'll be able to afford just one pair.
    Diana-I actually rarely leave the house, and I wear the flip-flops to the grocery store. The heels are for the RWA conference and RT, and for those rare times I go to dinner or something. I have a pair of red patent leather stilettos that I have yet to wear-have had them since last Christmas. I did try them on today with a new dress just to see how they looked. :)
    Mima-I love Zappos! Got some boots there recently.
    Kissa-I don't organize my shoes-most of them are in boxes stacked up in my bedroom closet and the guest room closet...I like to keep them safe and dust-free. I do take them out and look at them and try them on sometimes. There are worse habits. :)
    Feisty-my gray stilettos, my candy shoes and my new boots are at your house, too, waiting for me to come up there before RWA conference. I miss them. If your leg wasn't broken you could wear them all! But only because I love you.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design