free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Friday, July 11, 2008
Procrastination...How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways...
Yeah, I can always find a dozen ways to avoid writing. Recently while I was trying to finish my spring 2009 release, A 21ST CENTURY COURTESAN, I actually got down on my hands and knees and took some spray bleach and a toothbrush to the tile grout on my kitchen floor. Today it's been watching music videos on YouTube. I really should be writing but I've been listening to some really great music, which is good for the soul, right? Since I'm too tech stoopid to figure out how to add actual videos here, I have these handy dandy links to some stuff I've been rockin' out to today...
Snow Patrol-Open Your Eyes. I love this-very moody and bittersweet.
Sneaker Pimps-Six Underground. I'm sort of obsessed with this song and with the video. Love her vampire fangs. The chick is hot! I kinda wanna be her.
Des-ree-Kissing You, from the movie Romeo + Juliet. Such an emotional song, and I love this movie. It's one of those films you either love or hate. But no matter how you feel about the film, you have to admit, you almost can't find two prettier people than Claire Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio at that age. I adore a good tragedy.
Temple of the Dog-Hunger Strike. An old favorite. Chris Cornell and Eddy Vedder-you can't go wrong!
Soundgarden-Black Hole Sun. More Chris Cornell-always a good thing. This video is really freakin' creepy!
Nirvana-Heart Shaped Box. What can I say, I'm an old grunge girl.
Cranberries-Zombie-just a great song-it says so much.
Tracy Bonham-Mother, Mother. I remember feeling like this. Good, rockin' angry girl music. I like it!
...and when I'm bored with the music, I like to watch the God, Inc videos. Start with #1.
I currently have a 10-12 page proposal, 400 pages of revisions, and a new book, which I haven't started yet, on deadline for July 18th, August 18th and December 1st, respectively. *sigh*
Tell me I'm not the only one...

posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 7:07 PM -
11 Comments:
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Gwen Hayes said…

    I don't have any deadlines. Which means I really have a hard time finding motivation.

    If I go to youtube, thesaurus.com, or wikipedia I get lost for hours.

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have way too many time-wasters. Mostly, it's DVD's or websitefiddling. Sometimes cleaning. Oh, and music. Not necessarily videos, but when I'm already in a procrastinating mood, listening to music is bad--I can't, or won't, concentrate.

     
  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said…

    You're not the only one.

    Among big time wasters are various cartoons on YouTube and other video sites. Been on a Teen Titans kick for the last few days.

    Others are Diablo II and Civilization IV.

    Maybe if I convince myself that writing is a waste of time. ;)

     
  • At 3:57 AM, Blogger Portia Da Costa said…

    Yikes, Eden, I have one 75K book to write by December 1st, and I'm starting to panic about that! How do you keep up the pace on all those projects?

    Procrastination? Well, I will do just about anything rather than start writing... although I'm not sure I'd clean grouting. LOL

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, I procrastinate on imdb.com or writer forums. I like the hot pink one with the lips... ;)

    I also zone out on tv, but lately haven't watched much. What is this world coming to?

     
  • At 10:09 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Portia-I have no idea-lol! I'll tell you once I've hit all my deadline sin December...*G*

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Jax Cassidy said…

    Well, I've wasted a month in a writer's slump. Friday I had a breakthrough, Saturday I finished my 3 chapters for my proposal, Sunday I finished my Query letter and synopsis! I'm going to be sending my polished proposal out by no later than Thursday. Woot Woot! The muse is back and while I did almost everything you've done except scrubbing the floor with bleach, I did discover that I am inspired to be in your shoes with real NY deadlines...even though I've got 3 of my very own with my small press publisher. (I love Parker Publishing!)

    Life is good...SORTA...

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Vivienne Westlake said…

    I play games online at pch or king.com. LOL. Or, I read posts on Romance Divas. I sit down, intending to write and then I distract myself with one of these things for a few hours. Thank goodness for the RD chatroom, that's almost the only thing that will get me to churn out pages after I've been procrastinating.

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    I wrote all of Exotica in the Diva chat room-it can be a lifesaver!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thumbs up to your righteous grunge selections! Funny, Friday night I did the same thing - wasted time watching Alice in Chains and Mudhoney videos...for like 3 hours, yeah, sad.

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    My procrastination enabler is Icanhascheezburger.com I've actually caught myself sitting there for hours looking at cat macros. That and cuteoverload.com You'd think that having three barn cats, two indoor cats with six new kittens, three dogs, and five horses (with one on the way) that I'd be sick of animals. Nope. I am a macro addict.

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design