free website hit counter
Eden Bradley Erotica

Monday, September 01, 2008
Indulgence
September is my birthday month, so I'm, going to spend the entire month being self-indulgent. Or at least, thinking about it. One of my favorite indulgences, as many of you know, are shoes. I am a total shoe whore. I believe you can never have too many pair because no matter the piles of shoe boxes stacked in my bedroom closet, guest room closet, and office closet, there is, inevitably, that one outfit for which I don't have the right pair. The only cure is to keep buying them, in the hopes of eventually catching up. That's one of my rationalizations, anyway.
And since this is my birthday month and I'm not terribly happy about the number approaching (can I really be this close to 50?? Impossible!), I'm going to post about my favorite indulgence, and dream a little about the shoes I'm yearning to have, to hold in my hands, to admire, to have on my feet.
I love stilettos, but I'm also looking at flats right now-great for running around in the winter when it's too cool for flip-flops (which is what I usually wear, since I live in LA). I found some cute ones!


These are adorable, look comfortable, and I love that the name of the manufacturer is Naughty Monkey. :)
These are Michael Kors-leopard never goes out of style-used sparingly, of course.


The Selena shoe from L.A.M.B. by Gwen Stefani-love, love, love these! Such fierce shoes. Shoes like this make me feel powerful. And tall.

I adore these-bad secretary shoes...*G* They're Steve Madden-I have a number of his shoes. He makes my favorite silhouette.
These have a great vintage feel. My friend Lilli Feisty has turned me onto T-straps. Also made by Naughty Monkey, and so cute. They even look like they'd be comfortable-not a priority for me when it comes to shoes, obviously, but a nice bonus.
Another pair of Steve Maddens and I'm crazy about these shoes! I always like hardware on a shoe.
The Michael Kors Lolita shoe, and I really, really want them! I love the look of a stiletto-heeled spectator pump, and there are enough unusual design elements in this pair to make them truly special. *sigh*

I've been on the search for several years for the prefect pair of red shoes. These are by John Fluevog, the Hepburn shoe. They're just a little wacky, which I love.
Another pair from L.A.M.B. Hot red shoes, but not quite the perfect pair...

These are from Chinese Laundry. Again, great hardware. But still not perfect, so the search is on. That's as good an excuse as any...

So, tell me-what's your favorite indulgence? Chocolate? A long, hot bath? An hour to browse through the bookstore?
posted by Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin at 12:39 PM -
21 Comments:
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You need one of each, obviously. Go for it. It's your birthday month. And I need of each, too.

    Obviously.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They all remind me of you so I agree with Ms. Feist - get them all. Happy Birthday month!

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Trisha said…

    BAGS!!! I have so many, and yet I need more, more, MORE!! And of course, once you start with the bags, you have to have the shoes to go with them, and then there's going to be a cute blouse that would go PERFECTlY with the skirt you've never worn because you couldn't find the right blouse, oh, but then you'll need...a NEW BAG! And new shoes! And so it goes, on and on. *happy sigh*

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Upcoming birthday! I'd buy them all! They are gorgeous! :)

    Cia

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Gwen Hayes said…

    Feisty really does only need one of each though.

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday Month! If you celebrate all month then technically you should get a gift a day - that'd be a lot of shoes. :-D

    My favourite indulgence is a night away on my own followed by a day at the spa. I can usually on do that once a year so I have pedi's in between to satisfy my craving for pampering.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Trisha-I just started with the bags, too! And it's all Dana Belfry's fault. And you're so right about that eternal cycle of bag/shoes/blouse/bag/shoes/blouse...
    MG-your spa day sounds lovely-don't even remember when I last did that. Why do you have to live so far away? We could go together!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    I love the Gwen Stefani type shoes. They were awesome.
    It's my birthday month too!!!!!

    I like purses. I'm always looking for the perfect purse. LOL.

    I agree with Feisty. Get them all.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said…

    I love the Gwen Stefani type shoes. They were awesome.
    It's my birthday month too!!!!!

    I like purses. I'm always looking for the perfect purse. LOL.

    I agree with Feisty. Get them all.

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Imp said…

    I want. All of them. I want.

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, so we know I don't get the whole shoe obsession (you still love me, right?), but, as a friend, I'll support your bad, I mean, weird--no...I'll, uh, support you. :D

    Happy Shoe-Buying Birthday Month!!

     
  • At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birth Month. Go ahead indulge yourself. We all said it was okay.

    My biggest indulgence is hand made chocolates. There is this chocolate shop that I go to that makes chocolates filled with champagne. It doesn't get much more decadent than that.

     
  • At 3:35 AM, Blogger Romantic Heretic said…

    These days my favorite indulgence is adding to my equipment. This last weekend was a set of good leather cuffs and a nice wire crop. ;)

    I also treated myself to a meal out, something I only get to do once a month on average.

    Favorite daily indulgence is my pipes.

    And all I'm no expert, gorgeous shoes.

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I only have one major indulgence and that is homemade soap. I LOVE IT and I won't use anything else. I have bought from http://www.wyldeivy.com the past three years and they are wonderful ~ especially their chocolate soap. Yummmm!!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Underwear is my indulgence. Beautiful lingerie. You can never have too much and it makes you feel good. I'm not known as the knicker queen for nothing.

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Vivienne Westlake said…

    My indulgence is ice cream. Love it. Love it. Love it. Too much. I also indulge in books (pretty much a given). I'm always buying research books, spiritual books, romance books, etc. Just books. Of various shapes and sizes and thickness. Lots and lots of books. A bookstore is like a crackhouse honestly. I somehow managed to write with Dana, Julie, and Kim yesterday and not buy any books when I had to go into B&N to use the restroom. It's self-restraint. Aren't you proud of me?

    And yes, you've got to get at least two or three pairs of shoes. What would your birthday be without more shoes? My mom says: "The whole month is your birthday". So, celebrate!

    And, Happy Birthday, Eden!!!!

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Of course I still love you Lanie!
    Lia-your champagne chocolates sound gooood!
    Nell-I love underwear, too! Have to have like 50 pair at any given time. And it's great, inexpensive retail therapy.
    Viv-I rarely get through B&N without buying something-you did good!

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Greta said…

    Happy Birthday Month!

    I love the silver/gray pair and the black pair. Those are very pretty. My indulgence would have to be books and cd's I love reading & music.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said…

    I love that you do a whole birthday month. I do that too! Why NOT make a big deal, I say. And I think you NEED those Michael Kors leopard print flats. It can be hard to find fun, funky flats, and those are great. Plus, his shoes are comfortable and well made.

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Jax Cassidy said…

    Oooh...I love those shoes. :)

    HOT!!!!!

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin said…

    Feisty sent me the vintage T-straps for my birthday!!!!!!!! They're SO cute on!

     
Post a Comment

About Me
Eden Bradley-Eve Berlin
Los Angeles, CA, United States

See my profile...

Links

Friends

Previous Post

Archives

Credits


Web design by Amberwing Design